The Committee is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Club, over-seeing all aspects of our thriving membership, with approximately 350 senior and junior members.
Under the current constitution, committee members must be full or honorary members of the club and are elected at the annual AGM (held in April of each year). The Club Officers are elected for a 2 year term, all other committee members are elected for 1 year only. Officers are allowed to serve a maximum of 3 terms in a single position.
Officer roles are:
- Chair (Role description)
- Secretary (Role description)
- Treasurer (Role description)
- Membership Secretary (Role description)
Other committee roles are:
- Volunteer co-ordinator (Role description)
- Development Officer (Role description)
- Communications Officer (Role description)
- Junior Section Representative (Role description)
- Competition Secretary (Role description)
- Social Secretary (Role description)
Without people to take on these roles, the club would simply not be able to function. The roles are also an opportunity to contribute for those members who want to see the club continue to improve and develop.
The committee is also supported by a number of less formal groups, which currently include:
- Race Directors sub-committee
- Junior Section sub-committee
- Senior coaches group