MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY (One of the 4 Club Officers)
- Receive, check and authorise, if appropriate, membership applications.
- Collect annual membership subscriptions and pass them to the Treasurer (if possible these fees should be paid direct to the bank’s bank account)
- Maintain records of all club members in the designated classes of membership
- Deal with enquiries about the club and membership from prospective members
- Notify coaches about any athlete disability, and maintain such information in a confidential manner
- Check website access requests by members against club records
- Issue membership lists with contact details to coaches, captains, team managers and event organisers as appropriate
- Welcome members to the club with relevant information about, rules, events and club participation (the membership pack).
- Prepare and submit returns about club membership as and when required.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Adequate time to perform the role
- Alert to constitutional and legal requirements
- Tactful and discreet
- Good organisational skills, and an ability to keep records (adequate PC skills)
- Interested in people
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- An ability to handle money and cheques carefully
- An ability to make decisions
- A good eye for detail
2 hours a week all year activity with double that during the renewal season (about 3 months). This is separate to the time taken for committee business.