Priory Relays will take place on Saturday 4 November 2023
Reigate Priory AC is delighted to stage the 67th running of the historic Priory Relays within the grounds of Priory Park, Reigate RH2 7RL on Saturday 4 November 2023. First legs for both Men and Women will start will be at 1.30pm.
The race is a cross country team event for athletic and running clubs who may enter multiple teams. The men's race consists of 4 legs per team and the women's race 3 legs per team. Each leg is approximately 2.5 miles (4km) long.
All athletes must be 17 years of age or older on the day of the race.
2023 Race Details
England Athletics licence
The licence number for this event is CC2023/0926
The course is a mixture of grassland, heathland, woodland paths and short distances of gravel paths entirely within the Priory Park. It has some challenging technical sections, tree roots and fallen leaves masking underfoot hazards, so runners need to take the appropriate care.
You can download a course map by clicking here.
Fees are £30 per men’s team of 4 and £22.50 per women’s team of 3, equating to £7.50 each.
The application signifies that the entrants accept the following terms & conditions:
- that they enter at their own risk
- that the organisers and sponsors will in no way be held responsible for any personal injury, or loss or damage to property before, during or after the event
- that the organisers reserve the right to cancel the race if adverse weather should make conditions too dangerous for competitors, or a serious incident occurs, or local or national government intervention that prevents the race going ahead, in which situations there will be no refunds
- enter the name of your team including a suffix “A”, “B” etc if there are multiple teams from the same club
- list all the team members in the sequence they’ll be running each leg
- include all team members’ email addresses for receiving race information
The Primary Contact need not be a participant.
Closing date for entries
Online entries will close at 23:00 on Monday 30th October 2023.
Services available on race day (up to 12.30pm on Sat 4th Nov 2023).
- changes may be made free of charge to pre-entered teams (if necessary) - a form will be provided
- new/additional entries will be accepted @ extra £4 per men’s team and £3 per women’s team
In the event of cancellation, the Organisers will donate the proceeds to local charities chosen by RPAC after the deduction of costs incurred.
Timing & Results
The Relays will be timed by RPAC under the supervision of an accredited Timekeeper. Results will be posted on https://www.rpac.org.uk/prioryrelays during the race with regular updates.
Prizes will be awarded to the first three teams and the fastest three individual runners, both male and female. Prizes will be presented to the winners as soon as is practicable after the race.
Travel and Parking
Rail - Reigate Railway Station is on the Reading-Tonbridge line with connections at Redhill to the London-Brighton line and is a few minutes’ walk to the town centre.
Car - if arriving via the M25 exit at Junction 8 (Reigate) and follow the signs for the town centre down the A217 Reigate Hill. Parking is chargeable in the public car parks located at Bell St (the closest), Upper West St and Bancroft Rd.
Do not park in Morrisons’ car park which is for their customers’ use and they fine anyone exceeding their stated time limit! Nor should you park on the grass in the Priory Park.
Bus -Buses 32, 420, 435 & 460 stop in Reigate town centre, a short distance from Priory Park
Race HQ is located inside the Reigate Priory Junior School’s gym, 73A Bell Street, Reigate RH2 7AN There are limited changing facilities so you are advised to come ready to run. Additional portaloo's are provided near the start.
Please note that the school does not permit spiked footwear to be worn inside the gym or any other part of the building. The school is entirely nut free and we ask you not to bring any food containing nuts into the school premises.
Race number collection
Team Captains should collect race numbers for their team(s) from Race HQ on race day.
Each team member must...
- Fill in the medical information on the reverse of the number
- Pin the race number, which should not be folded, cut or mutilated, securely to the front of the running vest so it can clearly be seen
Race venue and time
The Start/Finish area is by the tennis courts on the far side of the skate park, just a few minutes’ walk from Race HQ). Runners should assemble at the Start in good time and listen carefully to pre-race instructions. Start time for 1st leg runners is 1.30pm.
Medical Despatch will be in attendance to provide any professional medical services required. In addition, qualified First Aiders from RPAC will be deployed round the course.
The Priory Relays 2023 are proudly sponsored by The Movement Mechanics
Results (All years)
They're available here