TREASURER (One of the 4 Club Officers)
- Managing all income, including:
- Invoicing and collecting subscriptions and all money owed to the club
- Ensuring that all cash and cheques are deposited promptly in the bank or building society,
- Preparing quarterly management accounts for review by the Committee and the annual report and accounts for presentation to the AGM
- Preparing the annual budget for approval by the Committee
- Preparing and maintaining policies for expense and payment approvals.
- Issuing receipts for all money received and recording this information.
- Managing all expenditure.
- Paying the bills and recording the information.
- Maintaining the financial records of the club.
- Attending committee meetings
NB: Even if some of these duties are delegated to a professional, the Treasurer is still ultimately responsible. It is up to the Treasurer to make sure that any delegated work is carried out correctly.
- Adequate time to perform the role
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- An ability to keep records
- An ability to handle money and cheques carefully
- An ability to make decisions
- A good eye for detail
- Confidence with numbers.
Between 3-6 hours per month on average. More around the financial year end.